Surprising facts about workplace productivity you must know. Most people I know are looking for ways to be more productive on their job.
In today’s inspiration, I’ve decided to compile a list of Thirty Facts about Productivity in the workplace from research I have been working on.
30 Facts about Productivity in the Workplace:
1. Happy employees are 12% more productive than others.
2. Unhappy workers prove 10% less productive.
3. Financial incentives aren’t enough to ensure highly productive employees.
4.Tuesday is the most productive day of the week.
5. Listening to music while working helps people get things done faster.
6. Multitasking leads to as much as a 40% drop in productivity, increased stress and a 10% drop in IQ.
7. Project management software is used by 87% of high-performing companies.
8. After working 40 hours in a week, productivity decreases by 50%.
9. People with a best friend at work are 7 times more likely to engage fully in their work.
10. People are more productive on days when they exercise before work.
11. Their productivity of 25% of office workers decreased in the summer time.
12. Adults who regularly get 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night are up to 20% more productive.
13. Office workers who sit near windows and in an air controlled environment are more productive and have lower rates of absenteeism.
14. Workers spend more than 25% of their day in reading and answering emails. If they check emails at set points in the day, it will increase their productivity.
15. Working for 90 minutes, followed by 20 minute breaks allows us to be more productive.
16. For maximum productivity, it’s necessary that every desk is organised.
17. Drinking sufficient amounts of water/liquid can increase your daily productivity by 14%.
18. Live plants in a work environment help productivity.
19. Productivity decreases 60% if we eat unhealthy food.
20. Strategic delegating of tasks increases productivity.
21. Starring at the colour green can make you more creative and productive.
22. Meditation can improve your productivity.
23. Employees with strong social support, both at home or work, tend to be happier and better at dealing with stress.
24. Most employees have mentally checked out from 4 pm – 6 pm.
25. Focus on critical tasks in the morning.
26. Vacations recharge employee’s batteries.
27. Productivity takes a hit one week before a major holiday.
28. You cannot force people into productivity.
29. Too many meetings hinder productivity.
30. Poor workflow management is the biggest culprit for loss in productivity and stress.